-◊-01-◊- 1255 A.D. :

Existence of Harihar Town.

-◊-02-◊- 1779 A.D :

Establishment of the Army Battalion by the British Resident Baryclose

and presence of Christians.

-◊-03-◊- 1800 CIRCA :

Year of saving the life of the Brahmin from Tungabhadra river by the

Miraculous Statue of Mother Mary.

-◊-04-◊- 1800 CIRCA :

Beginning of Veneration of Mother Mary Statue by the Brahmin in the

niche of the tree situated in the verandah of his house.

-◊-05-◊- 1833 A.D. :

Visit of Rev. Fr. Bigot Beauclair, the French Priest and reporting of his

visit to Rev. Fr. Bona, the Vicar General of Pondichery.

-◊-06-◊- 1833 A.D. :

A Chapel was built in the original residing place of Brahmin by

Rev Fr. Bigot Beauclair.

-◊-07-◊- 27.7.1847 A.D. :

The first marriage ceremony of the devotees of Shimoga celebrated

in the original small house/Chapel.

-◊-08-◊- 4.8.1847 A.D. :

The first Sacrament of Baptism was administered to the devotees of

Shimoga in the original small house/Chapel.

-◊-09-◊- 1847 A.D :

Beginning of Celebration of the Feast of Mother Mary

for the first time.

-◊-10-◊- 1870 A.D :

Handing over the chapel situated in the original place to

Rev. Fr. Kleiner, the French Priest.

-◊-11-◊- 16.11.1871 A.D. :

The pastoral visit of Blessed Stephen Louis Charboenne, the Bishop of

Mysore Province and his memorable stay for 3 days at Harihar.

-◊-12-◊- 1888 A.D

The Visit of the French Priest Rev Fr. Francois Jarrige and collection of

information about Mother Mary of Harihar.

-◊-13-◊- 1895 A.D :

Recording the history of Mother Mary in the book “History of Mysore

Mission” by Rev. Fr. A. M. Gabrier.

-◊-14-◊- 14.9.1954 A.D. :

Rev. Fr. Lazarus D’Souza purchased land for the construction of a new

Church on Pune-Bangalore Road.

-◊-15-◊- 8.9.1963 A.D. :

The completion of the construction of the new church by Rev Fr. Lazarus

D’Souza, inauguration and blessing of the same by Archbishop Thomas

Pothakamury, the Archbishop of Bangalore and the shifting of the

Miraculous Statue from the original place to the new Church.

-◊-16-◊- 1977 A.D. :

Establishment of Harihar as a Parish and Rev. Fr. Terence Franz as the

First Parish Priest.

-◊-17-◊- 1984-85 A.D. :

Establishment of a Chapel and a Health centre in the compound of the

old Church by Rev. Fr. M. Alphonse Rajkumar.

-◊-18-◊- 8.9.1985 A.D. :

Release of the pictorial handbook about Mother Mary and the Novena

Prayer by Rev. Fr. M. Alphonse Rajkumar.

-◊-19-◊- 26.4.1989 A.D. :

Laying of the Foundation Stone for the new church by Most Rev. Ignatius

Pinto, the First Bishop of Shimoga.

-◊-20-◊- 31.8.1992 A.D. :

Completion of the construction of the new Church by Rev. Fr.Yesu

Rakshakanathan, inaugurated by Mr. K. J. George, the Minister of

Karnataka state and Blessed by Most Rev. Ignatius Pinto, the first

Bishop of Shimoga.

-◊-21-◊- 2000 A.D. :

Starting of the construction of the Pilgrims’ Centre by

Rev. Fr. S. R. Peter.

-◊-22-◊- 1.9.2002 A.D. :

Completion of the construction of the Pilgrims Center By Rev Fr. Mark P.

D’Silva, Inaugurated by Mr. T. John, the Minister of Karnataka state and

blessed by Most Rev. Dr. Gerald Isaac Lobo, the Second Bishop of Shimoga

-◊-23-◊- 1.9.2002 A.D. :

The Release of the book on the History of the Shrine of Harihar Matha written

by Mr D. Francis Xavier.

-◊-24-◊- 2011 A.D. :

Collection of data/ evidences to raise the Church to the status of a Diocesan

Shrine and the proposal sent to the Diocesan Curia by Rev Fr. Stany D’ Souza.

-◊-25-◊- 27.5.2012 A.D. :

Declaration of Harihar Church as the Diocesan Shrine by the Papal Nuncio,

Archbishop Ambrose Madtha in the presence of Archbishop Emeritus Dr.

Ignatius Pinto, Most Rev. Dr. Gerald Isaac Lobo, and Most Rev. Dr. Joseph

Arumachadath, and Proclamation of the Declaration Decree of the Shrine.

-◊-26-◊- 2012 A.D :

Construction of the “Marian Mantapas” depicting the life of Mary, Adoration

Chapel, Renovated sanctuary, Cave of the Miraculous Statue, The Birth of

Jesus and Calvary scene, and the centre for Religious articles under the

guidance and supervision of Rev. Fr. Stany D’ Souza and the blessing of

the same by Most Rev Dr. Gerald Isaac Lobo.

-◊-27-◊- 8.9.2013 A.D :

Production of the Film “ The Mother of Harihar” by Rev. Fr. Stany D’ Souza

and releasing the DVD of the Film.

-◊-28-◊- 8.9.2013 A.D. : The release of the book on the History of the Shrine of Harihar in English

written by Rev. Fr. Duming Dias.

-◊-29-◊- 30.8.2014 A.D. :

Inauguration of the Shrine Museum, Shrine Inscription, the Paved Ground

and the Shrine Website by Most. Rev. Francis Serrao, the Bishop of Shimoga

       

Home | News | Sitemap | Contact Us

Copyright © 2016 - www.hariharshrine.org .
Designed by Wilson DSouza, published by Vincent Marsarenhas for eCreators

Contact Us

Phone: 08192 - 242269
    E-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]

Fr. Anthony Peter : +917349246751

Shrine of Our Lady of Health
P.B.No: 19, Church Road
Harihar - 577 601
Davanagere District
Karnataka